Link to the ChapterGram
March 2014 President’s Message
On February 13, the Iowa Chapter was treated to a presentation by Brenda Criswell, Employment Specialist for the Iowa Department for the Blind. Needless to say, it was an eye-opening experience. Not only did we learn about the services provided to our fellow Iowans, Ms. Criswell shared ways in which her department can help our employers retain workers who may develop vision impairment. For Ms. Criswell’s contact information, click here. You can also view several photos from the meeting below, and even more on our website.
Your chapter volunteers worked very hard this winter. They have planned numerous events for you to enjoy this coming spring.
- Volunteer. There are four Good Works volunteer projects scheduled. Sign up for one or for all. See page 6 of this ChapterGram for more information.
- Learn. Continuing Education courses are in the works. Keep an eye on the ChapterGram and website for more information. Or, help someone else learn. If you know someone interested in pursuing CPCU and they are looking for an on-site class, CPCU 520 is being offered at Drake University starting March 29. Visit the Drake website for course dates and to register.
- Celebrate. The Iowa Chapter is a big supporter of the Iowa Insurance Hall of Fame. The 2014 inductees will be recognized on May 20 at the Hall of Fame dinner.
- Support. Applications for the Ted Lussem Scholarship are being accepted through March 14.
- Network. The annual golf tournament will be held the afternoon of July 17 at the Tournament Club of Iowa (TCI). All golfers, non-golfers, new designees, and chapter members are invited to a networking function that evening at Jethro’s BBQ in Ankeny. [click to continue…]